Tips on Using PFI - Personnel Force Innovation
Below you will find a list of commonly asked questions. If you have a question that is not covered here, please contact the Avue Help Desk at email@example.com
While we endeavor to update this section frequently, please note that new features and upgrades are regularly being added to the system that may temporarily affect the information provided in this area.
- How do I login or retrieve my Username or Password?
- What can I do at this site?
- How do I navigate through this site?
- How can I save my information to use in applying for other tours?
- How do I view tours?
- How do I search for specific tours?
- How do I apply for a tour?
- How do I return to finish an incomplete application?
- How do I increase my font size?
- Who can I contact with questions regarding DoD PFI?
To If you are new to the PFI site, click on SIGN UP in the top right corner of the home page screen or on REGISTRATION in the footer to register. If you are a registered user, please log in at the top right corner of the home page screen.
To request your username and/or password, follow this link:
This site allows you to apply, on-line, for specific tours. You will be able to:
- View tours
- Apply for tours
- Stop during the process and return to finish
- Receive feedback on the success of your application including:
- Whether you meet tour requirements;
- Whether you have successfully completed your tour application; and
- What additional information you must provide
- Create a profile containing personal information; references; education background and work experience to use when applying for future tours
- Attach a resume or other electronic documentation to your profile
- Check the status of tours for which you have applied
To move from one screen to another, simply click once on a menu item, link, or button. It is not necessary to double click on menu items, links, or buttons; a single click will suffice.
Save profile information by checking the "Save This Information" box on input screens while applying for a tour. Future tours will show pre-populated screens containing your base Personal Information.
- Click on the "Search for Tours" Tab on the Navigation Bar then search by State, Service Branch, or other search filters.
- All available tours will be displayed in the Open Tour List.
- Click on the Open Tours Tab on the Navigation Bar and fil in the search filters or select from the drop-down menus to filter the tours.
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the screen. All available tours matching your search criteria will be displayed.
- Repeat this process to change the search filters for viewing different tours.
- Click on "Sign Up!" to register, if you are a new user, or log-in at the top right corner of the home page screen.
- From the "Tour Search" Tab on the Navigation Bar, click "View" to see a summary of the tour for which you wish to apply.
- Read each position carefully for information about the tour.
- Click "Apply Now" on the right-side menu to initiate the application.
- Answer questions contained in the Basic Information and Questionnaire sections of your PFI Profile. Be sure to click "Save This Information" at the bottom of the screen(s).
- Attach your Military Bio and/or resume in the "Attach Documents" section of your PFI Profile.
- Complete the "Submit Application" section by clicking the box indicating your acknowledgment of the certification statement. You will not be able to complete your application without acknowledging the certification statement.
- If you have previously applied for a tour, you may use a copy of a previous application to apply for a new tour.
- Return to this website and login using your established Username and Password.
- View Tour Applications on the Home Tab
- Review the list of tours for which you have applied. Click on the "Continue Application" for any tour showing the status as started.
- Continue filling in your tour application.
- MS Internet Explorer 5x - From the toolbar select "View", then "Text Size". You may make your selection from the choices provided.
- Netscape 4x - From the toolbar select "View", then "Increase Font (Ctrl+])"
A Help Desk is provided for assistance on any questions you may have regarding the tour application process. If you have a question that is not covered here, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org